5/6Cblog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

Social Emotional Learning

20140424_092121
Through the topic SEL (Social Emotional Learning), students have the opportunity to develop new friendships, work as a team, collaborate and share their feelings/emotions. The students are made aware of the rules of Circle Time and know that what they discuss at Circle Time stays in the circle. Through shared stories and experiences, students are able to voice the many issues they or others face. They are learning to become resilient and assert themselves when they need to.
Students have piggy banks to place their deposits. They are encouraged to place positive feedback in other piggy banks, just the way they would appreciate if others did the same to their piggy bank.

During SEL sessions we have been reading stories, performing skits and attempting quizzes on values. Through R.E units of work we have we have integrated our SEL discussions when listening to stories from the Old Testament and through shared discussions examined and recognised the SEL competencies we need to develop in ourselves.
We still come across various issues in the classroom, playground and in our homes and need skills to become the children we ought to be. This SEL video will give you an insight into how this is possible.
After viewing it let us examine and share how we can change our ways too.

http://youtu.be/DqNn9qWoO1M

“Social Emotional Learning”

1. April 29th, 2014 at 2:27 am      Reply DNguyen Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro,
    I think that Social Emotional Learning is important because we need to learn how to socialize with others. It also teaches us how to manage our emotions and make responsible decisions. It is not easy but if we practice it often, we will be able to communicate with others confidently.

• May 11th, 2014 at 12:34 pm      Reply gcordeiro Says:

I am glad that S.E.L sessions are looked upon positively by many of the students and everyone is finding it beneficial.

• June 3rd, 2014 at 3:24 am      Reply gcordeiro Says:

I hope you benefit from the discussions during SEL. If you have any suggestions let me know.

2. April 29th, 2014 at 2:36 am      Reply TNguyen Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro,
    I checked out the video clip and I think it’s important to socialise with others and peers. Social Emotional Learning is very important because it teaches us to be open and speak what’s in our minds. By socialising with others you can feel more included, not left out and then you know that you are not alone also that your friends/ peers can help you with your situation.

3. April 29th, 2014 at 2:37 am      Reply JenC Says:

I saw the video of ‘5 Keys of Social and Emotional Learning Success’. I learnt a lot from that video and I also learnt that as we are grow up we must learn how to control our emotions, which I didn’t know before.

4. April 29th, 2014 at 2:40 am      Reply LDoan Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro,

I think that Social Emotional Learning is great for the kids because they can make more friends,improves our confidence and in circle time we can express how we feel.

5. April 29th, 2014 at 2:44 am      Reply vivztran Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro,
    I think SEL is a great education because it is a time to express your feelings to one another. It is also a great experience to make new friends and co-operate with each other. 🙂

6. April 29th, 2014 at 2:45 am      Reply Vivian L Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro,

After watching this video, I learnt that of all the information from the video ‘ 5 Keys of Social Emotional Learning Success, it is necessary to control your emotions.

7. April 29th, 2014 at 2:46 am      Reply Vivian L Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro,

After watching this video ‘ 5 Keys of Social Emotional Learning Success, I believe controling your emotions is very important.

8. April 29th, 2014 at 2:48 am      Reply Michelle T Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro,

I hope last time you got my comment and enjoy reading it. The S.E.L sessions we did are really fun and interesting.
    I hope you have a great year!

9. April 29th, 2014 at 2:48 am      Reply ltran Says:

Great job with the blog mrs Cordeiro,

I think S.E.L ( social, emotional, learning) is a great experience for children. SEL sessions are really fun . I really like them Mrs Cordeiro. Peace out Mrs Cordeiro

10. April 29th, 2014 at 2:49 am      Reply ryant Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro,
    I liked the video. People need to learn about SEL because they need to control their temper. There is a need for self awareness and kids can deal with problems if they taught how to deal with it in a positive way.

11. April 29th, 2014 at 2:49 am      Reply matty mat Says:

Hi Mrs Corderio,
    Sel is very important for making friends/Teamwork is good for those who cant make form a group on their own.Friends are important for your social life too.

12. April 29th, 2014 at 2:56 am      Reply Quang Says:

Hi I have seen the video clip.I have learnt that it is important for my own personal growth.I have learnt not to show my emotions when I am upset but deal with it maturely.

13. April 29th, 2014 at 3:11 am      Reply Jtruong Says:

I really enjoy SEL every Friday. I like the talk about making right decisions. When we discuss the issues others face sometimes it helps solve my issues.

14. April 29th, 2014 at 7:57 am      Reply Wendy T Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro!

I think S.E.L is a great way for students to share their feelings and develop relationship skills. I really enjoy how we all have fun while we get to know each other. I hope we will continue this next year!

Your student, Wendy

CATEGORIES

September 2017
M T W T F S S
« Aug    
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

Descendants 2
Descendants 2
Despicable Me 3
Despicable Me 3
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man: Homecoming

DOPPLEME

http://doppelme.com/images/logo_small.gif

Clustr Map