5/6Cblog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

Working With Robots

June29

INTRODUCTION TO LEGO WEDO 2 (ROBOTS) IN THE CLASSROOM:

The students identified how robots do monotonous and repetitive work.
They watched the Youtube clip Voyager to Mars. This gave them an idea of how robots operate in the real world. Through this video students were able to see how NASA is using robots for upcoming missions.
The students used coding skills to operate their robot.
Through this activity students were able to race their robot with other robots.
They worked in groups of 3, to create their robot and took turns to complete this task.
When working in a team they used collaborative skills.

Children had a blast!

by posted under I.C.T. | 23 Comments »    

“Working With Robots”

1. June 30th, 2017 at 12:20 am      Reply Peter Nguyen Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro
    I prefer to be in small groups because we won’t be alone. I think it should be a mix of boy and girls so its fair.

2. June 30th, 2017 at 12:21 am      Reply Alan Nguyen Says:

Lego(robot)

How did you find the activity?

You have to press the magnifying glass and look at the little robot and it should say Wedo 2.0 and you press on an account and press OK. Then press the book and find the robot that has a long neck.

Would you prefer working alone or in a small group? WHY?

Small group because it is fun working together and taking turns. If you are stuck then someone in the group can help you.

3. June 30th, 2017 at 12:21 am      Reply Leo Says:

It was really fun and we got to have a particular job. We also co-operated with each other to make things easier.

4. June 30th, 2017 at 12:21 am      Reply than Says:

I really liked making the robot using Lego it was fun.

5. June 30th, 2017 at 1:29 am      Reply Regan Says:

It was the best experience working with people because its team work but it was kinder tricky connecting it to Bluetooth but we at least had fun.

6. June 30th, 2017 at 1:30 am      Reply Tevin Says:

It was an epic experience cooperating with others,building a robot that can move by using code.I really enjoyed it,I wish I could play with the robots more.

7. June 30th, 2017 at 1:30 am      Reply Amelie Says:

It helped us co-operate and get along with the people around us to actually create the robot.
    The robot had lots of bits and we had to take our time to build it.

8. June 30th, 2017 at 1:30 am      Reply Peter Nguyen Says:

I thought the best experience was when we made the robots. I liked it because we made it move. We had to use our Chromebooks to make the robots move. I prefer working in teams because you are not alone, and we got to work with people we didn’t work with before.

9. June 30th, 2017 at 1:30 am      Reply Crystal Says:

I really enjoyed it. I never really got to see a robot in person so I was glad I got to. I also got to learn how to control the robot. It was an overall fun experience and I can’t wait to do it again next term.

10. June 30th, 2017 at 1:30 am      Reply Regan Says:

It was the best experience working with people because its team work but it was kinder tricky connecting it to Bluetooth but we at least had fun doing it.

11. June 30th, 2017 at 1:31 am      Reply Sarah Says:

Dear Mrs Cordeiro,
    I found it enjoyable. I really liked creating the robot and making it move.
    I liked working in a group because if I didn’t know how to do something then I could ask someone in my group. Overall it was a good and fun activity

FROM SARAH

12. June 30th, 2017 at 1:31 am      Reply IM TONY Says:

It was the best experience working with people to make robots that uses coding to move around. It was tricky connecting to Bluetooth but we had lots of fun.

13. June 30th, 2017 at 1:31 am      Reply Nathan Tan Says:

I prefer working in a small group so you can get along together, and do teamwork and learn how to coperate with each other in building. My best experience is when I worked in a small group and did coding. I felt really excited because I making the robot move to the commands. .

14. June 30th, 2017 at 1:31 am      Reply Jenny Says:

I enjoyed creating the Lego robot because it was interesting to find out that working in a team is better because if you’re stuck you can get help from others in your team. I also enjoyed coding our robots to make them move, talk, change lights and change the speed. I can’t wait for next term to build another robot and find new features!!! 🙂

Jenny

15. June 30th, 2017 at 1:31 am      Reply Grace Says:

Although I built Milo the Space Rover in a different class,I enjoyed working as a group.One thing I found interesting about this activity was building and controlling Milo. Grace 🙂

16. June 30th, 2017 at 1:31 am      Reply Lilina Says:

I enjoyed creating Milo the Space Rover and I think working as a team improves our communication very well. I found building and controlling Milo was quite interesting as well as fun.

17. June 30th, 2017 at 1:31 am      Reply Tharvry Says:

Dear 5/6C,

This is an experience I will never forget, I have had a lot of fun and I enjoyed working in teams, and It was cool how we got to switch jobs after every ten steps. I am very excited to build more moving Lego robots in term 3.

18. June 30th, 2017 at 1:32 am      Reply Gina Says:

Dear 5/6 C,

Building a robot out of lego is an experience of a lifetime for me. I enjoyed working in teams and cooperating with teammates and using coding to move the robot. It was so fascinating and cool.

From Gina

19. June 30th, 2017 at 1:32 am      Reply tommy Says:

Working in a group was very exciting because we all had to do a job so that the robot could move and everyone had to co-operate in my team.We all felt safe.

20. June 30th, 2017 at 1:32 am      Reply Celina Says:

Hi Mrs Cordeiro,
    I think the experience was a great opportunity to learn how to work in a team. I enjoyed making the robot with my group because if you get stuck then you can just ask for help. This activity we all co-operated with each other as a group.

From: Celina Nguyen

21. June 30th, 2017 at 1:32 am      Reply I IS BRIAN Says:

I appreciate the activities with groups because it helps me with my communication with others. If we did not know what to do we could ask someone from our group and receive help.

22. June 30th, 2017 at 1:32 am      Reply Gain Nguyen Says:

I enjoyed working in a group because it helped me to feel safe. If I didn’t know what to do, the people in my group could help me out. Making the robot and playing with the robot was really enjoyable and I hope that I could have a similar experience sometime in the future.

23. June 30th, 2017 at 1:33 am      Reply sankom Says:

It was a fun experience learning how to build a robot. I liked working with my group because you get to have fun experiences with your team. You can help your team with what you can do and help your partner.

CATEGORIES

June 2017
M T W T F S S
« May   Jul »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Home
Home
Beauty and the Beast
Beauty and the Beast
Dream House
Dream House

DOPPLEME

http://doppelme.com/images/logo_small.gif

Clustr Map