5/6Cblog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

SNAPSHOT WRITING- CAMP ROTATION ACTIVITIES

June8

AT CAMP, YOU WERE INVOLVED IN A VARIETY OF ACTIVITIES:

• GIANT SWING
  • TRAMPOLINE
  • FLYING FOX
  • CLIMBING WALL
  • LOW ROPES

GIVE ME A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR FAVOURITE CAMP ACTIVITY AND HELP ME MAKE CONNECTIONS WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE.  

by posted under English | 21 Comments »    

“SNAPSHOT WRITING- CAMP ROTATION ACTIVITIES”

1. June 26th, 2017 at 3:53 am      Reply Amelie Says:

It was my turn… my turn to use the bow and shoot, it was scary, all the people looking, all the people staring at me as if I did something wrong. “Only three shots…” I thought to myself, “Only three shots to hit the target”. I pulled as much as I could, the string rubbing against my arm. I aimed with my good eye and let the arrow go. It went at top speed and I hit the target with people in awe. Just an inch away from the target. I felt happy, but disappointed in myself. I felt as if I failed, but then the silence ended with people clapping. I didn’t feel as blue after the applause ended. I was feeling like a million dollars and couldn’t wait for my next turn, until “TIME TO SWAP ACTIVITIES!” these dreaded words rung through my head and made my heart sink.

2. June 26th, 2017 at 3:53 am      Reply tommy Says:

Snapshot of the Giant Swing

I couldn’t wait for my turn on the giant swing. When someone told me it was 15m high, I wondered how high that could be. When the activity started and after my friend was harnessed, I saw, I saw him go higher and higher as the rope got pulled. He was up there at 15m. He had to pull the green cord. He hesitated but hearing our shouts he pulled it. He dropped a jaw dropping speed. My head spun. He came down swinging from to side. I nearly fainted when the teacher said,’You are next!’

3. June 26th, 2017 at 3:53 am      Reply Regan Says:

Giant Swing

In front of me there was a 15m Giant Swing! Many people weren’t afraid, because no one screamed except for one but everyone had fun. My experience was when I went to the top, pulled the green string and with a jolt I dropped down I lost my breath and I got a wedgie, when I got off my legs felt numb.
    EVERYONE MUST TRY THE GIANT SWING it sure is an activity worth trying. This one is for you if you want to overcome your fears

4. June 26th, 2017 at 3:53 am      Reply Alan Nguyen Says:

Snapshot Writing – Low Ropes

I was in shock to see so many obstacles blocking my way to the finish line. All my fears came to me so when I got over the first one I had to overcome the rest of my fears. I raced myself though the obstacles like an olympic hero. I had one more obstacle but when I stepped on it I knew it was going to be a challenge. It was indeed a challenge I could not beat. I felt hopeless because had counted my chicken before it could hatch.

5. June 26th, 2017 at 3:53 am      Reply Nathan Tan Says:

Snap Shot on Archery

When i was holding my bow and arrow i was ready to burst my strength like i was the angriest man alive. Then the arrow burst in the air like a bullet. I had actually hit BULLSEYE . I was so proud of myself, I had to pinch myself to believe it, Then all my strength vanished into thin air, I felt really weak. My friends cheered on me, I felt like a real CHAMPION!

6. June 26th, 2017 at 3:53 am      Reply Gain Nguyen Says:

I was ready for archery. I had a great deal of equanimity and confidence in my body. I was extremely excited to fire and arrow. I reached out for the bow and arrow. I lifted the bow up and pulled the string as hard as I could. Everyone’s eyes were fixated on me. I aimed the arrow and shot. The arrow burst from the bow like a rocket taking off. BULLSEYE! Everyone was in awe. I loved the look on everyone’s faces when I fired that arrow. I was really proud of myself as it was my first experience and also an unforgettable one.

7. June 26th, 2017 at 3:53 am      Reply Sarah Says:

GA-GA
    The next round approached, once the one vs one was over, I could JUmp in the court, ready to play. The one vs one was over, I jumped in, pumped to WIN this round. My plan was to hide behind the others then when they least expect it, I will UNLEASH my POWER and attack them all. I stayed as quiet as a mouse, moving swiftly. Slowly one by one people got hit by the ball causing them to get out. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone trying to attack me. I quickly jumped and ‘Out!’ I heard people shout. Was I out? NOPE it hit another person. That means I was in the top 2. The ball was in my reach. I had FIVE shots, 1,2,3,4 I had one last shot and my opponent was fast. I had one last shot and my opponent blocked it. Now I was in a pickle , the enemy had the ball. Now the enemy was trying to attsck me , I ran as fast as a BULL, blocking every hit. Now with one more shot, this was scary. I was in the corner, the ball was coming closer. BOOM! It hit the wall and rebounded to hit the opponent, bulls’eye. I won! I actually did it! I was grinning from ear to ear.

8. June 26th, 2017 at 3:53 am      Reply Jenny Says:

Snapshot Writing – Giant Swing
    By: Jenny

I slowly went up to the top, My legs were wobbly like jelly and my face was as white as a ghost. I grabbed on to the cord while my hands was sweating and my legs were trembling. I pulled the cord as best as i could then boom! I dropped and swayed to and fro in the air like a bird. My legs were in agony and my body was tingling. It was the best experience of my life and lasted for less than 30 seconds!

9. June 26th, 2017 at 3:53 am      Reply Brian Nguyen Says:

As I approached the trampoline with hysteria I was brimming with energy. It was finally my turn, i went on the trampoline. I took a deep breath and did a nimble jump before everyone. All eyes were fixated on me and there was fear for me in their eyes. I was doing some poses while jumping. When my turn was over i nearly fainted. I was pleased with my skills on the trampoline. Everyone tried to out beat me but none jumped as high as i did! OH what a feeling!

10. June 26th, 2017 at 3:54 am      Reply Celina Says:

Flying Fox
    Suddenly, it’s was my turn to walk up the ladder. I nervously stood there shaking with great fear. I reached out on the rope and sat down in the cradle. Next, i was given a big push I travelled as fast as a cheetah in mid air. All eyes were fixated on me and mine were to the ground. I nearly fainted from where i was! It felt like i was high up there and the ground was 100m lower. By the time I began enjoying the ride, I landed at the other end. It was time to disembark.

11. June 26th, 2017 at 3:54 am      Reply Lilina Says:

Snapshot Writing-Flying Fox
    By: lilina

I shook excitedly as I was led to the flying fox. My heart was beating so rapidly it felt I would explode!
    As I was Harnessed then hooked to the rope, I felt a sudden burst of excitement and I was convinced that I could handle a swift speed. I shot across the zip-line like how a predator would chase it’’s prey, beaming from ear-to-ear. Bouncing against the tires my happiness quickly dissipated to disappointment at how short the line was. If only I could go again, I’d be satisfied.

12. June 26th, 2017 at 3:54 am      Reply Grace Says:

Snapshot Writing-Giant Swing.
    I was Trembling with fear when i was called up to get onto the Giant Swing. ‘15 metres high’ kept popping in my mind like popcorn. I was determined to do it but at the same I imagined myself falling down onto the grass. Pulling the rope I said to myself ‘ I can do it’ but after the sudden drop, I turned cold. I felt like Mowglie from the ‘Jungle Book’ swinging from Side-Side. Many of my friends expected me to scream but it was too fun to scream! I was sick at heart towards the end of the of the ride. I wanted to go a second time but we ran out of time.
    By:Grace

13. June 26th, 2017 at 3:54 am      Reply Leo Says:

Snapshot Writing- Flying Fox
    At the campsite my eyes first landed on the flying fox. I couldn’t wait to start my first rotation activity. Luckily, within an hour being at camp, we had to line up at our activity. To my good luck I was first in line. When I was about to travel on the flying fox, I first had to run across with the seat. I then got harnessed and then pushed over gently to enjoy an awesome ride . I am tough but on the flying fox I was as scared as a mouse. By the time I was done I wanted to go on the flying fox again. It was definitely a jaw dropping experience and one of my memorable activities at camp.

14. June 26th, 2017 at 3:54 am      Reply sankom Says:

Archery phillip island snapshot

Archery:
    As i shock in fear for my first time encountering a bow an arrow as i was shaking in fear i was worried if i get somebody but i said to myself if everyone can shoot an arrow in a target i can do it as well as i look fiercely to the target i shoot the arrow and i almost got a bullseye but i got the arrow in the red target as i was surprised that i hit a target as i was brave i challenge the teacher into a battle the teacher accepted my challenge as we start.i lost the battle but it was exciting that i challenge a teacher as i am having a great time in archery i was shock that it is time to go back i think everyone had a great time in archery.

15. June 26th, 2017 at 3:55 am      Reply Sybil Says:

Giant Swing

There I was about to go 15m above the ground. I went higher and higher as the others pulled the rope, I was petrified! Everyone yelled, “pull the green cord” but was I the one to listen. Then avanchi convinced I pulled the green cord, my heart was beating so hard that I thought it was about to explode. I had to let my fear go and once that was gone I was fine.But when I swung to and fro during the giant drop I felt dizzy.It hasted for 10 secs.It was an experience to die for. I If I ever had to do it in, I would!
    It was a jaw dropping experience.

16. June 26th, 2017 at 3:55 am      Reply Peter Nguyen Says:

Snapshot Writing
    Use your camp experience to Phillip Island as a snapshot to express your fears, emotions and excitement.
    I was waiting for my turn, I was terrified because I had never used a bow and arrow all my life. When it was my turn, my heart was pounding hard.
    I was getting ready, I pulled the string so far that it touched the tip of my nose. I said to myself quietly
    “ I can do this.” So i got my first shot, I hit ‘BULLS EYE!’
    I had never been so proud of myself. It was an experience I will never forget. I had to cheer for my classmates. Everyone thought if I could do they can do too.

17. June 26th, 2017 at 3:55 am      Reply IM TONY Says:

Snapshot Writing
    I couldn’t wait to hold the ropes and try to get through the difficult course. The last obstacle was hard and not many made it through the last obstacle. When I first went on the wall I thought I was going to fall, which I did! I tried to do it again but kept failing. I kept losing my grip and kept falling on my back.After a few failed attempts later without anyone looking I ran to the end and pretended I finished the whole course. I gave up easily saying, not my cup of tea.

18. June 26th, 2017 at 3:57 am      Reply Crystal Says:

This wasn’t any ordinary swing. This was a GIANT Swing. Looking at it nearly made me snap in half. Imagining myself on it looked even more bizarre. I mean ME, on a 15 meter giant swing. I would’ve laughed at myself if I ever wanted to go on it. But the thing is, it wasn’t as if we had a choice. We had to go on it whether we liked it or not. Time really flew past fast when the others took their turn but not mine. Next minute it was my turn. I kept telling myself, “It won’t be so bad,Crystal,it won’t be so bad” but it was BAD. No, it was TERRIBLE. I felt as if I was going to fly to the sky. When I got off,I felt as if I couldn’t feel my legs. It was definitely a crazy experience I won’t forget.

19. June 27th, 2017 at 4:13 am      Reply Gina Says:

Flying Fox-Snapshot Writing
    I gulped as I walked towards the bottom of the ladder. One of the staff called me up from the tower. The ladder was very small and tiny, but it was ok! When I got up from the wriggly ladder, made me stand up on this box-like metal thing. He had to adjust my harness. Then, he pushed me. It went really fast at the start. You know when you travel so fast that your face shrivels up? Yeah that was me. But then it slowed down and the rope hit against the two tyres. I bounced back to the ladder and got off. It the person from the staff was pretty fun, I guess, but it was too short for me to love it. I wanted to go again. Alas! It pelted like cats and dogs. We had to rush inside.

By: Gina Vu

20. June 27th, 2017 at 8:49 am      Reply Tharvry Says:

The second I stepped in front of the giant swing, I was terrified, like a penguin that was about to be eaten by a fox. My heart was about to jump out. When my turn came around I was so nervous, I took a deep breath. Then I got pulled almost all the way but not quite. Then I had to pull the rope. I counted to three in my head then “BANG” I pulled the rope and my body suddenly dropped and my heart was almost in my mouth. Those few seconds felt like never ending. When it was over I was glad I was able to challenge myself.

CATEGORIES

June 2017
M T W T F S S
« May   Jul »
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Descendants 2
Descendants 2
Despicable Me 3
Despicable Me 3
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Spider-Man: Homecoming

DOPPLEME

http://doppelme.com/images/logo_small.gif

Clustr Map