5/6Cblog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

EARN AND LEARN

July17

In 5/6 C we are participating in the Earn and Learn Program this semester and together we will be setting up our own community!

Image result for images of earn and learn

We are learning about needs and wants and the importance of Budgeting! We will be learning about superannuation, taxes, insurance and weekly pay slips. Rent is determined on where students sit within the classroom and just like in the real world, there will be bills to pay and deductions taken out of the weekly salary.

We will learn about following the protocols of an interview, how to apply for jobs, write resumes and this learning process will be handy when applying for positions such as Deputy Prime Minister, Treasurer, Shopping Centre Manager.., to get the community up and running.

As the community starts to unfold and shops open up we will be able to see who is able to make a profit from their business, who needs to take a loan and how much we are able to save.  Hopefully, by the end of the term we will all have a good understanding of  the role money plays in our lives and how we need to prioritise our needs and wants.

by posted under Earn and Learn | 5 Comments »    

“EARN AND LEARN”

1. July 20th, 2015 at 5:12 am      Reply LINH IS SO COOL!!! XD Says:

This subject is a really fun subject to learn about!!! I love learning about Earn and Learn. Someday I want to start my own business with my friends.

2. August 17th, 2015 at 1:48 am      Reply LINH IS SO COOL!!! XD Says:

I AM SO HAPPY THAT I AM BANK MANAGER

3. August 27th, 2015 at 4:11 am      Reply Anthony N Is The Best Dude (JK) Says:

I think that this program and topic this term is the best so far!, even though some businesses were successful and some were not, it taught us about growing up into adults and how we can be affected in life. But of course the adult world is much more complicated but it gives us an understanding of the challenges.

4. September 1st, 2015 at 7:18 am      Reply Duy N Says:

During this Term I have learnt many facts about money. During our topic Earn and Learn. Market day was fun.In real life it’s not easy to earn money.

5. September 1st, 2015 at 8:53 am      Reply Leon Says:

In Earn and Learn, my job right now is that of a law enforcement officer. I charge fines to those who break the law.

CATEGORIES

July 2015
M T W T F S S
« Jun   Aug »
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

The Martian
The Martian
Maleficent
Maleficent
Ready Player One
Ready Player One

DOPPLEME

http://doppelme.com/images/logo_small.gif

Grieving Salish Sea Orca Whale Carries Dead Calf For 17 Days

Clustr Map